Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#68808 - 10/31/02 10:51 PM Pelican
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Hey can I have some tips on using your worm trolls? They seem to have something about them that I keep wanting to use them, but they arent to consistant so I think I must be doing something wrong.

I have had bites! I have caught fish. I am not saying these are bad for anyone who reads!

Please tell me how to use these though a little bit better. I was thinking maybe trolling faster? A somewhat stiffer rod almost seems better.

#68809 - 11/01/02 02:23 AM Re: Pelican
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Maple Falls, Wa
Now that I have a computer that will let me log on, I can start participating again. Yes I would be glad to tell you how I set them up and use them. At the end of the line (from the reel) I tie on a snap swivel, then I use a banana weight, at the other end of the banana weight I attach a split ring with another snap swivel, I then attach my flasher's, at the end of the flashers I attach another split ring with a snap swivel. I then attach my worm troll.

I then let my line out generaly between 60-100', depending on where the fish are. The rod I use is a light to medium action. My trolling speed varies, I like to see what speed I'm getting strikes at, but usually idle speed or a touch faster work's fine. I troll using an "S" pattern. These are French spinning blades, eratic action is what draw's the strike. When I turn into the side that the worm troll is on this cause's a flutter action, when I turn away it causes the blade to speed up. I will usually get my strikes on one of the turns. My guess is that you just need to work on your speed and see what work's for you.

I think that your probably wondering about all the split ring's and swivels, this set up is for a quick change of either my weight, Flasher's or the Worm Troll. When I use flasher's I don't use big one's, generally Baby Cow Bells. I hope this helps you, if you have more questions please ask. Like I've said been using them for 14 years. I've got the action down pat. And I do prefer the light to medium action rod, I can feel a fish smell it. Good luck, I hope this help's you. Take Care.

#68810 - 11/01/02 02:33 AM Re: Pelican
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

BBVD, Something else, before letting your line out all the way, let it out a litte so you can see it. Then check and see if the blade is working, then play around with your speed. If it is not working check out the clevis, where the line passes through make sure that the clevis holes haven't been crimped. There for causing it to bind against the leader. Let me know.

#68811 - 11/02/02 11:59 PM Re: Pelican
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Hey thanks a bunch. How can you tell when you have a bite with all that action from the flashers and troll hitting you?

I'll try that in a few weeks... my fishing/hunting partner is on his honeymoon, got married today! I got a sister in law now!

Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to use it.

Curtis

#68812 - 11/03/02 12:19 AM Re: Pelican
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Your Welcome. Oh, you'll feel a sudden tugging action at the other end. laugh Have Fun, Take Care.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
arroem, Bill G, eddie, MetalheadMatt
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, Denham, steely slammer), 916 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |