Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#70677 - 07/01/03 06:54 PM Spurdog, Lake Chelan
skydriftin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: everett,wa
Spurdog,did'nt catch you over there. How did you do. We got 81 lakers in 7 days of fishing. Biggest one 17lbs.We make this weeklong trip every June. This year the largest fish was down in size compared to the last few years,but we caught a larger percentage of 8 to 11 lbers than the last few years, still the majority of the fish were 4 to 6 lbs as has been the norm for about the last 5 years

#70678 - 07/02/03 12:17 AM Re: Spurdog, Lake Chelan
Spurdog Offline
Fry

Loc: 'bout a mile from the saltchuc...
Hey, Skydriftin. Watched for you too, didn't catch you. But hey, there are a lot of boats. I got into a lot of 3 to 5 pounders at the narrows on cranks, and took a good fish in the south end on my last day on a mag wart all less than 200 ft deep. Too big for my walleye sized net, had him half in the net, caught the hooks in the netting..tettering on the lip of the net...slowly swimming down in that gin clear water. Oh well, he "blew the ballast tanks" twice coming in and was in good shape. I sure would have like to weigh him. Around 15 pounds I guess. This was my first trip there and won't be the last. Also caught a 15 inch Koke in 1493 ft of water (hooked at about 20 feet). Only in Chelan! Depth/baits/location for your catch?

#70679 - 07/04/03 02:29 AM Re: Spurdog, Lake Chelan
skydriftin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: everett,wa
Sdog, the area I fish 90% of the time is in front of Old Mill Bay, in the dead middle of the lake. I always troll up or down lake. I usually start trolling when the boat is even with Party Point(about 230 ft). As your trolling down lake there is a house on your right side that has a bright blue roof on an out building. That is where I turn around and head back uplake. The other 10% of the time I fish at the narrows. Up there ,I troll between the yacht club and the Cove marina. I start at the Yacht (about 120ft) and troll down lake to the Cove. The lure I use for the lakers is a chrome/blue scale u20 flatfish. Its called a coho finish. I've used other colors and sizes but this one seems to out fish all others handily.A note on these, check the screw eyes for alignment every time you catch a fish. Fish them real slow(0.8 mph ideal). The depths I fish, never less than 120,rarely more than 230,usually no more than 210. Have caught the largest % of the truly big fish(20 to 26lbs) in 180 to 205. The easiest way to catch the is to fish within 4 ft of the bottom and you have to work at it,forever up or down on the riggers. The easiest way to do this is to let your ball touch the bottom then adjust your counter to read the same depth as your fish finder.Pay attention fishing this way as the bites are light an its easy to hang a rigger ball. Any more questions feel free to ask

#70680 - 07/06/03 12:00 PM Re: Spurdog, Lake Chelan
Spurdog Offline
Fry

Loc: 'bout a mile from the saltchuc...
Hey thanks Skydriftin. I figured out that ball bouncing thing...only hung up once and was able to back off and free up. You described my narrows troll perfectly. Had a couple U20s, wrong color, and one would not tune for beans. I'll be ready next year. See ya on the water.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 574 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |