Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#71251 - 03/06/04 07:46 PM Flowing Lake
BratBonker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bothell WA
Can anyone give me some info about flowing lake? Motor allowed? How is the Launch? Water color? Depth? Constant producers in the lake?

Thinkin about hittin it withn Sullie next Sunday!

Thanks for any reports in Advance!

#71252 - 03/06/04 09:46 PM Re: Flowing Lake
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Yes. Two boat launches. One on each end. The one on the North end at the park you have tp pay and the one at the south end is free. Both are good launches. And both have docks. If you want more info just got to this site's home page and look around. There is a contour map of the lake there. It should give you some idea about the lake. As for what to use. Anything just as long as it isn't dynamite or live fish(shiners)

Jim

#71253 - 03/06/04 10:04 PM Re: Flowing Lake
LeakyTiki Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: bothell
Flowing Lake, Feature Lake, Snohomish County

Aug 9, 2001

By Mike and Susan Emerson

Flowing Lake has rainbows and bass fishing which is open year round for both. The lake is good-sized with 135 acres and is surrounded by private homes and a Snohomish County Park at the north end of the lake, which has a boat ramp, camping facilities and nice swim area a moorage on the beach. There is a public boat launch on the SE corner of the lake which is on Wonderland Rd. There are also pit toilets available at the public launch. The parking lot is of a limited size, but you can easily maneuver around in it. You can use all kinds of bait and lures for rainbows and all
seem to work well at different times of day. The lake is 60 feet in places and is well stocked every spring with hatchery rainbow, including some lunker brood fish in the two pound range. Now for the bad news: During the days, especially weekends and holidays, there are a multitude of water-skiers. Best time for fishing is earlymorning or evening.

Directions on how to get there:
On Hwy 2 just west of Monroe, take Roosevelt Rd to the north, turn right on Trombley Rd, then turn right on Spada Rd. Turn on 72nd St. E (which turns into Storm Lake Rd), then turn left onto Wonderland Rd. The public access is on the left just after entering Wonderland Rd. Storm Lake is just a block or two further on Storm Lake Rd. on the right hand side. Food, gas, tackle and
lodging are in Monroe.

lots more info @WashingtonLakes index

#71254 - 03/06/04 11:28 PM Re: Flowing Lake
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Pictures and maps too at the Featured Lake Section. Check the Archives section for reports going back five years. beer

#71255 - 03/07/04 04:34 PM Re: Flowing Lake
3RiversBasser Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kirkland
Hey Brat Bonker and Sullie, i'm up for a trip to flowing lake, i've been meaning to take the Queefer out anyways, give me a call and we'll hook up. I'll show u boys how to fish.........Again.

-Capt. Q
Seattle Web Design

#71256 - 03/07/04 04:43 PM Re: Flowing Lake
BratBonker Offline
Returning Adult

Sullie wont be able to use his special coho catching teqniques in the lake, like he does in the river lol!

#71257 - 03/07/04 07:40 PM Re: Flowing Lake
Sullie Offline
Spawner

i know i wont be able to use my coho catching techniques, i will just have to use my trout catching techniques. captain q give me a call some time and we will plan some time to go.

#71258 - 03/07/04 10:01 PM Re: Flowing Lake
3RiversBasser Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kirkland
Sullie ain't you gonna take your boat? You don't need a motor, most of the fish concentrate by the boat launch (in my experience) you could probably just row. By the way what happened to your motor again? hahaha just joking.

Cap. Q
Seattle Web Design

#71259 - 03/07/04 10:08 PM Re: Flowing Lake
BratBonker Offline
Returning Adult

I think we are gonna have a contest between the the Quiefer and the Chum Bucket to see who catches more fish!

#71260 - 03/08/04 07:23 PM Re: Flowing Lake
T.T. Offline
Fry

Loc: Rockford,Wa.
I fished Flowing Lake today and I enjoyed a beautiful lake on a beautiful day. However, I didn't get a bite and I saw no fish taken by my fellow bankees or any of the boaters. I was fishing at the county park.

Reminder: The county park requires a $5.00 use fee; payable via a machine at the entrance. Luckly, I had a $5.00 bill. I didn't feel screwed paying the use fee; as the park seemed well maintained and far fewer people than Blackman's Lake (crowded at both free parks today and no fish, either).

#71261 - 03/08/04 07:53 PM Re: Flowing Lake
3saltsteel Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: puyallup
This may sound funny, But is there any possibility that the trout they threw into Flowing,and Blackman's lakes were what was left from the freshwater Demo tank and the kids trout pond from the Monroe sportsmenshow? I was up at those two lakes on Saturday and it looked to be a bunch of people catching nada. The paper said that they planted "some". Just a Possibility. fight

#71262 - 03/08/04 11:40 PM Re: Flowing Lake
LeakyTiki Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: bothell
My buddy and I fished Flowing Saturday from about 9 till 11, never got a bump. Talked to the bait dunkers, gear draggers and other flyfisherman. Not one person reported a nibble.
It was a beautiful morning but I think the water is still a bit chilly.
I heard trhe first plant last Monday was only 300 fish.
The good news is that it was only the first of 6 plants 10 days to 2 weeks apart.
Time will tell,
Tight Lines beer

P.S.
Talked to a guy that tried Blackmans today and same story.....Nada fight

#71263 - 03/09/04 04:38 AM Re: Flowing Lake
Kent near Monroe Offline
Parr

Loc: Storm Lake near Monroe
I haven't heard of much action at Flowing. I live next door on Storm Lk and get so ticked off when I hear about the fee for parking at the county park on the West end of the lake. What a rip! They have done absoulutly nothing to improve this area and are charging to use the public land that my taxes pay for. Use the free boat launch on the East end of the lake off of Storm Lake road. Gas, and groceries are right down the road at Storm Lake store. Not in Monroe like listed. There should be a dump of hatchery fish soon, so keep a eye out for that. There are some HUGE fish in Flowing if you can catch them. Bass and trout.

#71264 - 03/09/04 02:26 PM Re: Flowing Lake
stlhdhntr Offline
Alevin

Loc: hockinson
I used to fish flowing alot before they started the pay to play at the park. i havent been out there in about 2 years since i moved out of the area so i dont know if its changed much. it tends to be pretty slow during the winter and early spring, but you tend to catch larger fish at this time of year. best i have seen out of there was a 5 pounder and i have caught a couple around 20 inches. after they stock it, it becomes a slay fest for abot a week. 30 minute limits are rather common, allthough the fish are standerd 10-12 inch plants. i have always used power bait, and power bait here and do really well. small hook and bait seem to help also. hope this helps.

steve

#71265 - 03/10/04 02:00 AM Re: Flowing Lake
kingofskunk Offline
Alevin

Loc: Black Diamond
Hey could someone help me out with directions or and address to the free boat launch on the east side of the lake. Thanks!

#71266 - 03/10/04 02:23 AM Re: Flowing Lake
Kent near Monroe Offline
Parr

Loc: Storm Lake near Monroe
Quickest way depending on what direction you come from is on Hy 2. Turn left off 2 on 100th mile post 10. That is Westwick Rd. Go to the top of the hill and turn right on Spada Rd. Go about 1/2 mile and turn left on Storm Lk Rd. That will take you about 3 miles to the boat launch and dock to your left. You can follow the signs to the Flowing Lake golf course from 2 also. The lake is hard to see when you get close to it on your left along Storm Lk Rd. If you miss it you'll run into the Storm Lk grocery store and see Storm Lake on your right.

#71267 - 03/16/04 10:12 PM Re: Flowing Lake
bfank Offline
Egg

Loc: Bellevue
I fished flowing lake on monday (the 15th) evening and couldn't manage a bite. I trolled a brown and a green wooly bugger. I talked to a few bank and boat anglers and they didn't do any better.

#71268 - 03/17/04 11:19 PM Re: Flowing Lake
BERKLEY BOY75 Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN
you guys manage no bites,? but do you ever try salad shrimp? sliding bobber? if not, hint..it may work..nuke it for about 20 secs in the microwave and it stays on forever..

#71269 - 03/18/04 12:40 PM Re: Flowing Lake
BratBonker Offline
Returning Adult

Quote:
Originally posted by BERKLEY BOY75:
ever try salad shrimp?
What is salad shrimp? do u mean sand shrimp?

#71270 - 03/18/04 01:03 PM Re: Flowing Lake
On The Hook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Post Falls, Idaho
I think he means like the little cocktail shrimp you put on salads etc that come in cans like tuna does.

It does work at times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 856 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27838
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13411
eyeFISH 12614
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63813 Topics
645816 Posts

Max Online: 3937 @ 07/19/24 03:28 AM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |