Help! I am inundated with two types of green beans. I may have over planted. I did 16' total. 3 foot of big Scarlett Runners that are 20+ ft now which I'm going to let dry on the vine. 5 foot of Cabot Bush which I've barely touched and 8 foot of Cobra pole. Everything is outta control. I picked (6) mounding 14" large steel bowls of just Cobra's. They get about 8 - 10" long when fully mature.

So...I made chit tons of canned spicy garlic dilly beans and spicy mixed veggies. The mixed veggies had cauliflower, bell peppers, cut beans, cut carrots, pearl onions plus with all the spicy seasonings, garlic & dill. Just whatever was handy. Grew most of it except the cauliflower and carrots. My carrots kinda suck this year.

(28) Pint & a Half tall wide mouth jars later. I left the dilly beans long for beverages. Put up another dozen or so vac. bags of blanched beans for cooking.

And...I still haven't got through half of what is on the vine right now. I've got crazy Kale, Swiss Chard and Cucumbers on backlog right now.

Gotta process the all the Kale to make Kale Pesto for pasta - which is the absolute best use for chitty Kale.

More later...

PS: Go ahead and make fun Corny

Edited by NickD90 (08/05/20 02:08 PM)