Originally Posted By: DCC
Did some spud test digging a couple few weeks ago (one hill, each variety) with mixed results, some kind of mole rat shrew vole critter ate more than it's fairfuckingshare, bugs got into a few, too and I still got enough that I haven't eaten them all yet, yeller finns and red pontiacs seem to be my fave and I am expecting some B&C results come the big dig. I'm more of a roaster than baker, unless it's steak night.

4 rows, 4 varieties 15ish ft each should stave off the famine.

Will do on the seed stash, my scarlet runners are old stock from some I grew 5...mebbe 6 years ago, I ate all the rest... low yield on the germination, but enough to keep the strain alive, old timer says he got them from an old timer that says his Grandma or Aunt or some crazy witch brought them from the old country, they don't look any different than others I've seen....but it's a cool story, true or not, bro.

Blue Lakes are easy, but I'll let some dry on the vine and we'll watch them grow next year anyway.

Dig it.

Fvck yes! Let's do it. Odd, my Scarlett Runners are LOADED with pods and more coming everyday. I got them second hand from a friend. 6 beans total and 5 sprouted. They took right off and are producing like crazy, so they must be a good strain. I'll save you some for our bean swap.

I'm doing my taters in 100 gallon fabric bags. 6 of em'. No bugs but they required constant attention. Those fabric bags work good above ground, but you MUST stay on top of watering. I have one Butternut that just wouldn't keep any moisture and it continually stressed the plant. So I built a 1.5" inch PVC pipe with holes that I hammered down into the bag to the bottom and now stick the hose directly into the pipe. It's worked wonders and I may be onto something.