Dave's assuming we'd rather take the easy way out... How about giving some suggestions. We can all come with reasons why we shouldn't do it.
I like the biodegradable suggestion.

Also, for the quilcene and other rivers with high counts of snaggers - if we apply just a little pressure and force them to do their own reality check - I bet we could elimiate 90% of them. Most of these guys think - hey everyone else is doing it, or I can just play stupid, or no one really cares anyway, or who's gonna find out, etc. Show them that someone is watching (maybe the guy standing next to him) and post the regs where they can't play dumb, and watch the numbers start dropping. Then the game wardens can start cracking down on the hard core snaggers and not the sheep following their lead...
And think of the guys going down there with their kids. "Dad, is what we're doing illegal??" It won't detour all, but any impact is better than nothing.

As for me, I think heading down to the meatholes during the night and posting a few signs would be no problem at all. Then when I go down to do my fishing, I'll bring some new replacement signs for the ones the get ripped up, and bring my trash bag to pick up the pieces.

One or 2 of us won't be able to do too much - but many of us together can. Just WANT to and take a FEW steps in the right direction.

How cool would it be if you're fishing in a popular spot, and some dude snags a salmon or lands a nate steelie (during wild release) and the guy next to him says - don't even think about bonking that fish. Well who's gonna stop me? He says, smirking at his 2 buddies. Then the other 10 guys in the hole put down there rods and stand behind him - we will...

That is pretty far fetched, but at least we could report the incident and hope the guy gets busted...

Anyway - if we can't manage the white trash who insist on poaching and snagging, we should keep our mouths shut about things like indian netting...

-Chad