Hairlipangler, a wise lawyer once said, "Never ask a question that you don't know the answer to." It goes double when trying to state a fact. I am not a member of WSC, not now, not ever. The quote that you attribute to me is not me, I believe it might be Todd or Jerry, both members of WSC. I must say however, that I feel flattered to be associated with that fine group - at least in your mind. If I were a member of any sportfishing/conservation group it would probably be WSC. From everything that I know about the WSC and their stance on the issues, I agree with them far more than I disagree. The folks that I have met from WSC are good fishermen and even better stewards for the resource.

Now, in regards to your other assertions. I stand by what I say being Standard Operating Procedure for every Board, Commission, Council, etc. that I have personally seen. It is naive to assume that all of their work is done in front of the public. Backroom politics is SOP - I have not been privvy to the Fish & Wildlife Commission's inner workings, but if you read the transcript, it is obvious that the Commission knew that this moratorium issue was going to be introduced. How did they know that if they had not had conversations beforehand? I certainly do not see this as a bad thing, or an unethical thing - it is just reality. If any of the Commissioners are offended by what I say, I'm sorry, that was not my intention.

Now, the question for you Hairlipangler is what are your ethics? Will you stand up and admit that you are wrong (about my WSC membership and the posting above) or will you do something else? The choice is yours.

R.P. McMurphy - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest