Well I got a chance to fish the Snohomish today with a gracious host and another friend. We launched at Highbridge and fished a "zipperlip" below the 522 bridge...(hint hint)

I have read postings from Dave Vedder who wonders why the fish in the don't bite and I have read the endless debates over who is flossing and who is not.

Well we were fishing in a spot loaded with Coho. Secondly we were fishing in a tested manner what would require actual biters. We got skunked but had 6 chances to get a fish with all 6 coming unbuttoned early on. I did observe a couple of boats doing quite well and saw said boats back at the parking lot. The common thread amongst the successful anglers was a 7-8' leader and often times corkies and yarn. I watched carefully the techniques of the guys outfishing all of the other 6 boats in the same hole. They all had similar technique of occasionally jerking back on the rod and reeling fast.

Let the flaming begin....All you 50 fish a day guys must have found the only aggressive biters or maybe your techniques and gear were similar to the folks I saw doing the best catching...

A real fun day on a new stretch of water for me. I usually don't get skunked like that but it happens.

Oh and by the way....almost all the fish I saw were getting colored and some were quite dark. A "chromer" was nowhere to be seen.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org