Slab..Well I'll be dogged...I think we need a video camera in the river to see what is really going on.

Don't you think what happens when fishing with the Dick Nite with the long leader and basically drifting with it like bouncing eggs is that the line swings in a big arch and inadvertantly lands in the mouth of a fish? When the fish feels the hook it freaks out and jumps sometimes getting hooked better and sometimes getting off. Don't you think that the reason for using the tiny Dick Nites is that it is super light and will be easier to land in the mouth than other lures? I honestly don't know but I have to wonder after some close observations I made yesterday. I was pitching spinners in place of the Dick Nites with no luck at all.

What kind of kills me is that people will swear til Hell freezes over that fishing this way their fish bite while others are flossing. Witness the last post stating the ideal leader length being 5 or 6 feet....That is only 1' shorter than the 7' I mentioned earlier. The guys I saw slaying all the fish had a 6" dropper where I was using 24-36"...Using a corkie and drifiting with a long leader is ideal, especially with some yarn which helps it stick to the teeth as it passed by. The corkie will float off the bottom just right. I suspect the Dick Nite is so light that it takes a while to descend...The bites I got were close to the very beginning of the drift say from a cast at 2oclock to a swing of 10 oclock before the lure hits the current and is swept downstream.

Again. I am no expert so flaming me won't solve anything. I really want to know what is going on.

....Support the RFA rfawashingtonst.org