I agree that "management" is the key to the success of our Multi-use resources, or public assetts. I certainly don't have the knowledge to develop the appropriate course of "action" in mangement. I do support the use of those assetts for profit. Economies historically supported by the timber industry need to be sustained. How much revenue does sight seeing generate?
Perhaps the brakes were not put on the declining economy quick enough.... but I'm not comfortable blaming the president for a decline in economic conditions that was bound to happen following such a robust economy the years before. That's like trying to make gold a rotten egg.

Our 401k's not performing recently is a direct result of overperformance in the previous decade.... and we weren't complaining then. How could any government sustain the growth that we had seen?

The full size truck argument is less than valid in my opinion... My Nissan pulls my driftboat just fine... Hell I could tow it with a car if I needed to, I drive a truck by choice... and pay the gas bill by choice. I would venture most of us drive our 3/4 ton Dually Trucks and Excursion SUV's by choice... not out of neccesity. Mini Vans carry as many kids as Expeditions do... Obviously, some of you are towing 5th wheels, campers, sleds, and salt boats.... but I have feeling there are a few guys out there with $600 truck payments and $900 gas bills that had a choice.