Originally Posted By: AuntyM
John, I don't know which staff members will be in attendance. I kind of think of them all as "staff" and don't bother to single one or another out.

I think you may be missing some info regarding the $3 PS endorsement fee/fund. Right now, what isn't spent on counting and managing the recreational fishery will, BY LAW, be going to derelict pot removal for the next 2 years.

That's going to have to be sorted out legislatively, and right now, it's not part of the public discussion regarding the crab policy, nor should it be.

If the commercials want a buyback, it's already part of the current policy and if they request it, they need to find the funding, since there isn't any. Getting us to pay for it won't be as easy as one would think.

WDFW staff is inquiring about commercial crab license buy back. Over the phone he was talking about the possibility to use some endorsement and penalty fees for this.

At the meeting last night WDFW staff wanted our take on buy back. Majority was for it as long as a percentage of take was assigned to each license and then taken away from commercial allotment.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them