I didn't catch this fish, but was there for it. 3 years ago on 4th of July weekend, several families were camping down at the Barrier Dam on the Cowlitz. I had taken an afternoon nap and when I got up all the other guys had gone down to Blue Creek. There were 3 kids in camp and they started bugging me to take them fishing. I took 3 rods hooked up with a bobber and jig and went down to the dam, near the limit line. There was a nice soft seem about 10 feet from the bank. The 3 kids, ages 10, 10 and 8 started casting. I told them to try and hit the seem. Well, the 2 ten y/o's started trying to see who could cast the farthest and the little 8 y/o had just enough coordination to cast the bobber just perfect. I had just laid down on a rock to continue my nap when the 8 y/o started saying he had a fish. I figured he was snagged and went to pull it free, when "it" pulled back. I handed him the rod, thinking he had actually hooked into a steelhead, but when he got it in and we landed it, it was a 8 lb rainbow. Looked like it had swallowed a beer can...one of the most beautiful fish I have ever seen.