LtlCLEO,

Believe it or not, it's not that uncommon.

Without starting the "snagging vs. not snagging" thread again, I'll admit up right front that the bison didn't "voluntarily take the lure or bait" in it's mouth!

In the evening the buffalo head to the nearest creek or river to get a drink, and a few headed to the Firehole. In fact, they headed to the same hole I was fishing in!

I was twenty feet from shore casting to the opposite cut bank when my back cast got snagged on something. When I turned around I noticed that the "something" was the big tuft of fur between the horns of a big male bison. He and the others there didn't seem too worried about me being there, and he didn't seem to notice that he was hooked, either.

I contemplated trying to finesse it out of his hair, but wondered what he would do if he discovered I was attached to the other end of the line that was bugging him. Instead, I just gave the 7x a good yank and left a #18 Parachute Adams hanging there.

Since they were between me and my truck, I decided to fish the hole a bit longer than I usually would have, but they left after half an hour and off I went.

I've heard of it happening to others there on the Firehole and also on the Madison in the Park. It was pretty funny, but I still lost a fly!

Fish on...

Todd.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle