aunty/oregonian-
i definately know what you are saying and agree. there are definately problems with unions and i am not personally a member of one or ever have been..... but it is starting to seem like they well may be far less of an evil than previousely percieved...
it seems like the present system is leading to millions of jobs that all dont pay anything and no matter where yo work it still wont pay the bills.... like the fast food mentality nowadays where kids just dont give a hoot about their job because there is allway the same job for a different fast food spot right next door....

the garbage trucks just seemed to click with me for some reason because i was noticing that they are well paid, ethnically balanced, have health care and are unionized.... but my garbage has never been forgotton or late and i was doubting that there was ever an illegal immigrant behind the wheel......
ive heard horor stories about the unios too from a career in the building trades and definately horror stories from my mom too, who worked for dshs for years.....she would say that there are ladies who show up drunk every day and there would be nothing you could do to get rid of them other than promoting them