CFM,

Here is the final say that anyone from the WSC will have on your questions...not because I don't want to answer questions, but that I am going to give you the answers and that will be that.

#1-#5 As noted above, there are no answers yet. This has nothing to do with cannot or will not give you the answer...there is no answer. I'll let you know as soon as there is.

#6 Same answer as #1-#5, the WSC has not completed its harvest policy yet, so I can't tell you what it is.

#7 We are compiling stock status reports, and population trends, so that we know what we've had, what we have, and where we're going. This is an ongoing process, as is determining what a healthy population is for each stream.

#8 The WSC in no way, shape, or form supports any fishery at all on stocks that cannot handle even incidental impacts. Period. And I guarantee that you have never heard the WSC lobby for or support any such fishery.

#9 The models are being developed. Again, you'll all get to see them when they're done.

#10 Support to harvest all the hatchery fish you can possibly catch legally, which comprises well over 90% of the catch in the state. If what you mean is "what voice did we provide for recreational fishermen who want to eat wild steelhead", then the answer to that is no voice right now. As noted above, when the harvest policy is done, then there will be a voice for that, too.

#11 Instream flows statewide, habitat concerns on several streams, commercial bycatch on the Columbia, and dozens of speakers educating our membership on all issues that face wild steelhead. You already know all this...why are you continuing to imply that all we care about is WSR? Didn't you just read my letter to NOAA regarding the Col. River?

#12 The list was developed among the groups two years ago, but is under constant change and modification as issues come up or fold into others. Suffice it to say that the issues fall under all four of the 4H's; habitat, harvest, hydropower, and hatcheries.

#13 They've been listed before, and I'll get them for you again.

#14 See #9 above.

#15 See #9 above, and #'s 1-5

#16 There is no connection between the quote you cited and supporting statewide WSR, per se. If you want to know why the WSC supports WSR statewide for all rivers, I'd suggest you go and read the 9 page thread, where we discussed that very subject ad nauseum. I doubt, however, that you've forgotten that already, so why are you asking?

Quote:
Will you please post a list of who these 2 dozen groups are? I for one would like to see who the supports are for statewide wild steelhead release is. People like to know who they are sleeping with, if you know what I mean
See #13 above.

Quote:
I just went through the commissioner's minutes again, and I really can't see where c&r is any different than wsr, except that it names just one single specie (steelhead). This should be a cake walk for WSC to do!
Not only is it a cake walk, it's the same cake walk it has been all along. Now I know you can be a crotchety old bugger \:D , but you must by now know the difference between CnR and WSR. If you didn't before, Smalma and Eddie just posted it for what must be the fortieth time someone has posted it in the last month.

The reason that it's not in the minutes is BECAUSE WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT CATCH AND RELEASE (emphasis to allay any possible confusion :rolleyes: ). The discussion was about WSR, which is why CnR, tiger musky, grass carp, treble hooks, and hatchery runs on the Cowlitz were not mentioned, either. It had nothing to do with any of those other things, including CnR. It's just about WSR. It's just about WSR. It's not about CnR.

Those are the answers that exist. Nothing else can be said until the models and policies are done being developed. They've been being developed over the last couple of years, and will likely take a while longer to get done.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle