Originally Posted By: boater
Originally Posted By: Lucky Louie

For giggles and grins let’s say this is a hearing and here is your chance to present why the tribe should not be entitled to their share.

i dont recall anyone saying that the tribes would not get there share, plus your focusing to much of spring chinook as there are other runs of salmon in that river that this new commercial method will effect.

Most folks on here would agree that the tribes are entitled and will receive 50% of the Selective live capture additional harvest windfall that gill nets can’t catch due to the 2% incidental impact cap and the high mortality of gill nets.
When the allocation balance of commercial and sport takes place the tribes will receive their 50% according to US VS Oregon management plan and that will leave a savings of around ½ of the ESA listed normally killed in gill nets to continue their swim upriver when selective live capture gear is implemented.
Todd has said it can’t happen in a layered generalization oratorical way without any substantial facts other than it just can’t happen. Well I think you are just as WRONG today as you have been for over the past year.

You and your followers have continuously bashed people and organizations over this subject for over a year due to the inability to do the homework letting ignorance fuel the continuous prejudices about the new kid on the block.

I suggest that the highly contested---” gill net VS selective live capture gear equals no ESA listed saving” is incorrect and that 50 % ESA listed can be saved by using the new selective capture gear.

Myth busted.

Edited by Lucky Louie (12/29/10 11:58 AM)

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them