"There is no joy without hardship. If not for death, would we appreciate life? If not for hate, would we know the ultimate goal is love? At these moments you can either hold on to negativity and look for blame, or you can choose to heal and keep on loving."

"You have to temper the iron. Every hardship is an opportunity that you are given, an opportunity to grow. To grow is the sole purpose of existence on this planet Earth. You will not grow if you sit in a beautiful flower garden, but you will grow if you are sick, if you are in pain, if you experience losses, and if you do not put your head in the sand, but take the pain as a gift to you with a very, very specific purpose."

"Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose, there are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from."

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

If our time is short, it is our obligation to make the most of it and if there is a lesson in this occurence, however painful or challenging, I believe it isn't something we necessarily even have to understand but accept and appreciate as a gift. Maybe this prepares you for a new challenge or maybe it isn't even necessarily about you.

Maybe that all sounds like BS but, for whatever reason, this is something that is consistently pounded into me for whatever reason. Like the movie Groundhog Day, I am on this repeating loop of challenges in respect to loss.

Long story short; I hear your pain. What is ironic to me is the pain of loss is a tribute to the memory of love and holding on to that pain becomes comforting in a way; you are unable to forget and that is what you cling to over time.

Again, maybe too much to hear, too soon, or overboard, not sure.

Good luck.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.