Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Quote:
But I've yet to hear of anyone who's walked away from a murder/self-defense situation...maybe someone on this board can enlighten me...my ears aren't plugged.

I know of three personally. One was a coworker in Port Orchard who did go to trial and a jury of his peers found him not guilty by reason of self defense. A guy with road rage followed him and his family to their home and started getting physical in his driveway. BANG.

The second was a Veterinarian in Shelton who was in his clinic when two guys were looking to steal drugs. BANG. One was killed as he was running away. Never charged.

The third was a teenager in Mason County who shot a man with a baseball bat who was breaking into his house to beat up his father. BANG. Never charged.

It happens more often than most people realize. Bad people don't CARE if you live or die while they are committing a crime. Better learn or be a dead victim IMO. You would NEVER forgive yourself if one of your family members got killed and you could have prevented it. Especially when the killer gets less than 25 years and is out in 8.

Aunty,

How are these people? Do they think about it? How long did it take to get over it?