A graduated system of limits is already in place beginning in area 4 with a 10 rockfish limit, 4b with 6, area 5 with 3 west of Slip point and 1 east. then area 6 with zero take. If anything, close off all of area 5 for rockfish. I am for status quo and we need to give the changes put into place a chance to work.

There has essentially already been a large area created as a reserve, everything deeper than 120 feet. Add to that all of areas 6, 7, 8-1, 8-2, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 which have been closed to rockfish. There are some 45 day lingcod seasons in some of those areas, but it would be quite disingenuous to say that there were not some severe restrictions put in place for rockfish restoration already. So when you say 15%-20 percent has been closed, I call bull$hit. All of the Sound and waters from the San Juans and PA have been closed to rockfish. Your 15-20% figure is way off when you look at what rockfish closures have been put in place already.

I've seen environmentalists make overtures to try and make themselves seem like they are not the enemy before, Norman. This one quacks like a duck, so until proven otherwise I will keep on hunting ducks.

I have also lived here all of my life and get a bit tired of new transplants coming here to tell me how I need to live, and change, and become like them. Go back and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Clear enough?

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.