10/7/2022

4:32 a m.......mmmmm, how to approach this??????

After about 50 years of fishing the Chehalis River, mostly above the South Monty WDFW boat launch. Pin points where I fish, but the following needs to be said.

Past few years the Chehalis River has had major changes, lots of movement of gravel.

Places that were often for running even "prop boats" are few and far between. Oh ya, at high tide many boats will have little problem, its the changing to "low water" that causes problems. There are 4-5 places between South Monty and Fuller Bridge that cause problems. The names of these areas have been used for years,,,,barge slip, Lukins, Eagle Nest, well casing, pipe hole, pump houses, blue tarp hole. Most that fish the Chehalis will know the different places but newer persons will have no idea where they are.

The closing of the majority of rivers in Region 6, tomorrow, 10/08/2022, will force lots of boats and bank fishers to move to the Chehalis River below Fuller Bridge.

Skinny water, jet boats gota run......many of the skinny water places have bank fisher OR boats anchored......going to be hard feelings, no easy answer.

1 of my favorite "jack fishing" is at the bottom of the "blue tarp hole", changes in the river.....logs to the North, gravel build up causes all the water to go to a 20' chute......boats anchored and bank fishers.......well you know what I mean. Tough to come "off plane" skinny water....so it will be interesting in this area. Everyone wants to gets to a certain spot....I'm here to tell you, the certain spot is probably going to have boats or bank fishers there.....

This is the year to pray for rain to get the flows up.....great for the fish, also great to spread "everyone out".........but then the Bay fishers will hate it....

Edited by DrifterWA (10/07/22 05:23 AM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"