Well, I thought I could beat the drought by heading north a bit, where they got more rain. I found fish, for sure, but they were the tightest-lipped fish I have ever suffered. Fish, fish everywhere, but nary a bite to be had. Hard to win right now for the bank-bound river angler. For sure, the nets will gobble up a lot next week. We can hope the future rains come when they're not fishing (or for blowouts when they are scheduled to be fishing). That's about the best we've got now.

I feel very fortunate to have encountered some moving fish on the Lower Satsop a little over a week ago while fishing for whatever. I had to release everything I landed, but it was a ton of fun. I had high hopes for a great season, but now, it looks like the nets will take the vast majority of the early-timed run, and it's going to be another hope to get lucky after a rain event in November kind of year. We can also hope for the weather predictions to be horribly wrong, which definitely is a possibility. Do the rain dance...